Make your Google Business Profile shine in 2022. Say Hello to Google My Profile and Good Bye to Google My Business. Why is Google My Business going away. What does it mean for small businesses?
According to Google, in 2022 Google My Business web platform is transitioning to support businesses with more than one location, and the interface is being renamed “Business Profile Manager.” Right now, you can still access Google.com/business by visiting Google.com/places.
In the future, you will continue to use an interface like Google My Business, which will be called Business Profile Manager. However, if you manage multiple locations or if you are a local SEO Agency that manage a several enterprises, you can still have access to Google My Business.
- 1 Google Business Profile New Features
- 2 Does The New Process Effect Google Ads?
- 3 Google Business Profile Messaging from Search
- 4 Make Your Business Profile Shine in 2022
- 5 Google Business Profile Getting the Information Correct
- 6 Small Businesses Are Currently Required To Wait 7 days
- 7 Understand New Owner & Manager Limitations
- 8 Summary
- 9 Learn more about the benefits and meaning of SEO services
Google Business Profile New Features
Google also announced some new features with this announcement which include:
- Claim and verify your Google Business Profile directly in Google Search and Google Maps
- Call History is officially launching in US and Canada (more details here)
- Messaging can be done directly from Google Search (more details here)
- Message read receipts can be controlled in Google Search and Maps
- How do you manage your business. You can either just search for your business name in Google Search or Google Maps for businesses or search for “my business” in Google Search to see the business you have already claimed and verified.
Does The New Process Effect Google Ads?
According to Google, Google Ads is now enabling you to plan the budget for your Local campaigns with Google Performance Planner. The Performance Planner helps you plan your advertising budget, measure performance metrics, and analyze the impact of changes to campaigns.
You can also customize campaign settings, explore results of your campaigns, manage budgets across accounts and campaigns and understand opportunities during seasonal periods with this tool.
Google Business Profile Messaging from Search
In the past year, Google added the ability to chat with customers from Google Maps. Now, they’re bringing it to Google Search as well. This will allow you to read and respond to customer messages from either search or maps.
Make Your Business Profile Shine in 2022
The first step is to claim and verify your Business Profile. Below is a step-by-step instruction to claim your Business:
- On your device sign into Googl Maps
- You have the option to add your business in three ways:
- Enter your address in the search bar. On the left, in the Business Profile, click Add your business.
- Right click anywhere on the map. Then click add your business.
- In the top left, click menu and add your business.
- Follow the on screen instructions to finish signing up for Google My Business.
- Make sure to claim your business > Manage Now
- Select a verifitaction option, and follow the on-screen steps.
Google Business Profile Getting the Information Correct
Google provides you a lot of opportunities to optimize your Google Business Profile. Which includes:
- Adding a description of your business
- Creating a post of your products and services
- Include your products with descrition, discounts, and specails
Small Businesses Are Currently Required To Wait 7 days
Google is putting new Google Business Profile owners and managers into a sandbox or waiting room for seven days before they can manage features in the Google Business Profile account. This is a new, I guess, security feature, Google added the other day.
Understand New Owner & Manager Limitations
When a new owner or manager is added to an existing Business Profile, they must wait for 7 days before they can manage all the features of the profile. During this 7 day period, the new owner or manager gets an error if they try any of the following:
- Delete or undelete a profile.
- Remove other owners or managers from a profile.
- Transfer primary ownership of a profile to themselves or a third user.
- An existing owner or manager tries to transfer primary ownership of the profile to a new owner or manager still in their first 7 days.
- If the new owner or manager deletes their account within the first 7 days, they’re removed from the profile. If they undelete their account, they must be added to the profile again.
- For SEO agencies, make sure to inform clients of this and plan for it when you give them access to accounts. It may be frustrating to have to wait, but I assume there is some sort of security reason for it..
As long as Google keeps making changes and updates, you can use these updates to your advantage and stand out from the crowd on the world’s biggest search engine. If you ever need help with your Google Business listing, we are here to assist you.
Learn more about the benefits and meaning of SEO services
If you have questions or would like a free, no-obligation quote for a custom SEO strategy, contact us Now!